Volusia County Good News Club® Volunteers
Annually please complete each of the steps below to be compliant to volunteer in Good News Club:
1. Follow the guidelines that are applicable to your category that are required by CEF® to submit your CEF application and background screening (OR rescreening) https://www.cefflorida.com/volunteering-with-cef/. You will fall into and complete the steps for only one of the four categories: 1)New, 2)Returning & Inactive for a year, 3)5-Year Rescreen/renewal, and 4)Returning volunteers active within the last year.
2. Complete the submission confirming you have completed and agree with Child Protection and Worker's Compliance Policies at https://daytonacef.churchcenter.com/people/forms/287230
3. Annually you must complete a new Volusia County School Application at https://apps.raptortech.com/Apply/MTYxOmVuLVVT
~ Affliation is Community Member. Under FUNCTIONS select the Good News Club volunteer (fingerprinting required) and under ORGANIZATIONS select Faith-Based Organization.
4. Fingerprint: Pay for and complete the process for scheduling your fingerprint appointment with Volusia County Schools. CLICK HERE TO COMPLETE THESE STEPS
~ FOR ANNUAL FINGERPRINT RENEWAL: You will be sent an email from Volusia County a minimum of 30 days prior to your expiration date to renew. You MUST renew before your expiration or you pay the year 1 cost listed below. Follow the steps in Volusia County's email to renew.
Summary of Costs for Fingerprint/VCS Background Check:
Year 1 $41.25
Years 2, 3, 4, and 5 $6 each year
Year 6 $11.25
Years 7, 8, 9, and 10 $6 each year
5. NEW Volunteers - Make an appointment with CEF East Central Florida or your local coordinator to be interviewed and have your identity confirmed.
6. Submit a photo (if you haven't previously) to be used on your profile with CEF and on your CEF badge at https://daytonacef.churchcenter.com/people/forms/588328.
7. Confirm you have completed the steps to volunteer at https://daytonacef.churchcenter.com/people/forms/416854
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact CEF East Central Florida 386-676-7637 or email email@example.com.